Candace Snowdon Photography
Finding the perfect fit!!
What's the number one thing you look for when you're searching for the perfect photographer for your family? Is it style, location, personality, price? If you've been looking for a photographer you've probably realized that it can be a little overwhelming at times and I'm here to help you in your search with my 5 best tips on finding the perfect fit for your family!
1. Experience. Make sure you hire someone with experience working with newborns. There is a huge learning curve working with the littlest of clients and ensuring their safety is so important. An experienced photographer will know how to ensure poses don't impede breathing or blood flow to those tiny hands and feet. We also employ quite a bit of 'magic' for some of those prop photos and removing hands on baby to keep them as safe as possible.
2. Style. Look through social media photos or ask for an online portfolio to see if their style matches what you are looking for. Editing photos will just fix skin blemishes and removing of hands (see tip above), if you don't like the style once you see the photos no amount of editing will fix that.
3. Studio Tour. If possible ask for a studio tour, this gives you an opportunity to not only meet in person but to see the studio and view some of the props and outfits that will be available.
4. Communication. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. You should have a clear understanding of the entire process before you’ve even booked your session. Communication is key and it makes this a smooth process when there is clear conversation and easy access to your photographer.
5. Pricing. Proper gear, education and experience will likely cost more so make sure you take time to review what you will receive. Are you walking away with just digital images or do they offer print services as well. Having wall art ready to hang is an incredible time savings for you. These are things to think about when budgeting for the session. When you look at your photos in 10 years, are you going to regret not having gone with the work you loved the most?
I hope these little tips help you with your search. If you'd love to talk more about hiring me for your little one then reach out via the contact page and I will send along our Studio Guide. I have a few spaces still available for Spring babies and would love to see if we'd be a great fit!
Leave a Reply.